For more than a year now, educators have been tested and tested again. But now it’s time to rebound, to bounce back, to
build back better, and benefit from the many lessons learned over the last year.
Through this professional learning workshop, you will engage in an active and empowering learning experience that will
help your school(s):
- Address the collective traumas experienced during the pandemic and rebuild sense of agency and self.
- Implement instructional and assessment practices that ensure students reclaim lost knowledge, build skills,
develop agency, and accelerate learning gains.
- Redefine classrooms, learning experiences, the ways schools operate, and the very idea of schooling itself
over the last year.
This is a two-part series: November 30, 3:30-5:30 p.m., and December 14, 3:30-5:30 p.m.
Register for the November 30 session by: November 23, 2021
Register for the December 14 session by: December 8, 2021.
- Participants will receive 2 contact hours per session.
- For those who register by November 23rd, 2021, your registration will include a “virtual” dinner from Panera valued at $20. An email with a coupon link will be sent by Panera to the email you provided on the registration form.
- Zoom link will be sent out soon.
Meet the Speaker: Dave Nagel, Corwin Author
Dave Nagel is an international educational consultant and researcher. His educational career started as a middle school science and high school biology teacher. His administrative experiences involved middle school assistant principal, high school associate principal, and director of extended day and credit-recovery programs. In his former district, Dave was instrumental in implementing power standards and performance assessments. He was honored numerous times as a ‘Senior Choice’ winner, where graduating seniors selected him as someone who dramatically affected their life in a positive way.
Dave has been a national and international presenter and consultant working with schools preK-12 since 2003. Using his experience and expertise, he has presented and helped schools implement effective practices leading to gains in student achievement. His main focus areas revolve around teacher clarity, assessment and grading, effective feedback that aligns with targeted instruction, leadership, and effective collaboration. Dave has been an author consultant with Corwin since 2013.
Part 1 registration: click here
Part 2 registration: link is forthcoming